Howdy folks!

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
Staff member
Howdy everyone,

My name is Shawn and I am the owner of this forum. I created this forum for cycling discussions. I’ve been into cycling since 2012 as an attempt to get into better health.

By no means am I a really fast rider or a pro of any sort but I love riding my bike. I try to ride every chance I get!

Other than cycling, I’m really into hiking. I have an additional forum for hiking at www.nothingbuthiking.com that I encourage you to join as well if you get into hiking too.

I am 36, male and I live in Massac County which is one of the very most-southern counties in Illinois.

I look forward to discussing cycling stuff with you all!

Thanks Shawn for creating a local form. I am from neighboring Pulaski co, but work in Massac co. I am married with 3 kids and currently the only one with a love for biking in the house. I just recently (last July) renewed my love of biking. I to was attempting to get my health back into shape. I had let my type 2 diabetics get out of control, thankfully with some dietary discipline and exercise I have been able to reverse it and get off of the medication I was on. From July 23, 2020 -Dec 31, 2020 I put 1500 miles on my new bike. I set a goal of 1,000 miles from November to February 250 a month for 4 months, nov 250, dec 275 and already 100 in Jan, still on course to meet my goal of 1k.

Shawn Gossman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Shawn for creating a local form. I am from neighboring Pulaski co, but work in Massac co. I am married with 3 kids and currently the only one with a love for biking in the house. I just recently (last July) renewed my love of biking. I to was attempting to get my health back into shape. I had let my type 2 diabetics get out of control, thankfully with some dietary discipline and exercise I have been able to reverse it and get off of the medication I was on. From July 23, 2020 -Dec 31, 2020 I put 1500 miles on my new bike. I set a goal of 1,000 miles from November to February 250 a month for 4 months, nov 250, dec 275 and already 100 in Jan, still on course to meet my goal of 1k.
Welcome ? I look forward to discussions with you! :)

Like Jeff said, thank you for creating the forum Shawn. I'm The Gravel Sasquatch from the Land Between the Lakes in Kentucky. Lover of gravel roads, my Salsa Cutthroat and all day adventures. Come play bikes and get lost on some #lblgravel Also willing to travel for gravel.